Some skins (including the default widescreen skin) display channel logos on screens such as the TV Guide to help with identification.
Note that the default 4:3 TV Guide skin (used when 4:3 is set as the TV Shape) does not show channel logos. This is by design, due to the lack of screen space on a 4:3 (SD) TV screen.
Where to put them
NextPVR looks for image files in a Media\Channels\ directory under the data directory with the same name as the channels. Note that the file name must EXACTLY match the name as it is displayed on the channels tab of the settings dialog. It's recommended not to rely on the name shown in the TV Guide as these names may be cutoff if they are too long. Images with .png, .jpg and .gif extensions are recognized.
Where to find them
Members of the community have made logo packs available here for use by other NextPVR users.
Logos are also available on the Internet from a number of websites including:
- hack7mc.com - High quality logo packs for UK, US and Canada.
- LyngSat - has a complete set of logos for each country.
- freeview.co.uk - UK freeview logos.
- My Channel Logos - designed for Windows Media Centre MCE but still useful to download images.
- iconharmony.com - Enter a country in the search box to get nice, high-quality logos.
- Media Portal forums lots of logos including TV channel ones.
- deviantart user4574 - High quality custom logo pack for UK Freeview.
What image size to look for
Most skins are optimized for the most common, nearly-square channel icons.
Page last modified on October 19, 2013, at 08:31 AM