This plugin allows you to watch YouTube videos on almost any NextPVR 3.x client. Features include:
- Completely customizable lists
- Ability to buffer videos to disk in MPEG-TS format.
- Automatic cleanup of buffer files.
- Ability to select prefered streams.
- Honors NextPVR's <HideDotDot> setting.
- Watch YouTube trailers from mvallevand's SearchLite plugin.
- NextPVR 3.x (.Net 4.0 editions)
- Updated ffmpeg (any static 32 bit build from 2011 or newer) which can be downloaded from Zeranoe's FFmpeg Builds
Downloading and Installing
Download: YouTube.zip (35 KB, 918 downloads)
Extract the zip's contents into NextPVR's Data Directory.
If you are installing to a client in a client/server setup, you will need to copy the "web\public\youtube" folder to the same relative location in your server's web folder. This only needs to be done once, not after every client install. The entire plugin does not need to be installed to headless servers, only the contents of the web folder.
Start NextPVR. Right mouse click and select "Settings". Select "Plugins" in the left hand menu. Check the box for "YouTube" on the right hand screen. Configure YouTube (see Configuration section).
- Show Image Reflection (disabled by default): This will show a reflection below the Menu/Video thumbnails.
- Show Image At Angle (disabled by default): This will show the Menu/Video thumbnails angled away from you.
- Show List On Right (disabled by default): In List View, metadata will be displayed on the left of the screen and the video list will be displayed on the right.
- NMT Mode Always On (disabled by default): PC clients will act like NMT clients. Instead of playing videos directly from the web, they will be buffered to disc as MPEG-TS first. The buffer NextPVR's Live TV Buffer setting for * the location. This option requires ffmpeg if it is enabled. Note: When enabled, only MP4 streams from your prefered streams list will be used.
- Signature Decoding URL: Some videos will have an encrypted signature that needs to be decrypted before YouTube will send the video file. Signature decryption is done by this plugin in an addon to NEWA. By default, the signature decryption URL will be detected when the plugin is first configured. For PC clients, it will use the URL of the server by default.
- Auto Update Signature Decoding (enabled by default): When enabled, the plugin's NEWA addon will periodically check the open source YouTube-DL project for updates to their signature decryption routine and apply them to this plugin's signature decryption.
Menu Items Settings
Stream Preference Settings
2D Stream lists with approximate bitrate (when known)
|Stream ID||Description||Video Size||Container||Bitrate|
|38||2k/4k||2048x1536 / 3840x2160||MP4||34321507 bps|
3D Stream lists
|Stream ID||Description||Video Size||Container|
Delete the following folders in your NextPVR data folder:
For help, discussion, or reporting any issues with this plugin, please use the 3rd Party Plugins area of the NextPVR forum.
Page last modified on October 16, 2013, at 12:40 AM